In order to organize our store policies and make them more accessible, we have divided these policies into the following sections:
- Return Policy
- General Policy
- How to return or exchange an item
- Rules for Returns
- Standard Return Policy
- Manufacturer Warranty
- Memory Card Return Policy
- Consumable Item Refund Only Return Policy
- Open Box Refund Only Return Policy
- Bulk Item Refund Only Return Policy
- Physical Damage Policy
- Miscellaneous Return Policy
- Warranties and Repairs
- Price Policy and Bulk Order Pricing
- Sales Tax
- Payment Options
- Payment Verification
- Shipping Policy
- Guaranteed Functional Product
- Why we only sell USA Warranty Products
- Privacy and Security
Product Refund/Replacement Policy
At Gary Camera, we want you to have the best customer experience imaginable. In order for that to happen, we put full faith in the honesty and integrity of our customers. Despite our optimism and expectations of the good-natured people we serve, we have laid forth strict policies for returns and refunds in order to protect ourselves from the fraudulent actions of those few who may attempt to take advantage of our return policies.
The policies below are GaryCameraDigital.com’s (“Gary Camera,” “we,” or “our”) Standard Return Policies applicable only to products purchased by you directly from the GaryCameraDigital.com website.
You have the option of exchanging the item(s) or receiving a refund for the full amount of the original purchase price. A returned item must be postmarked 5 days from the original purchase date. Refunds on returned items will be issued in the same payment form as tendered at the time of purchase. If payment was made by credit card, once we receive the product we will credit your account. Please allow 7-10 days for a credit to appear on your credit card statement.
Please read all conditions below. If conditions are not met, Gary Camera reserves the right to refuse the return or to charge a restocking fee of 25%.
How to return or exchange an item
- In order to return an item you need to first obtain an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) number by calling 219-769-2451.
**At this time, we apologize we do not offer RMA numbers online. We hope to soon do so.
- Place the original package into a shipping carton.
- Please do not place stickers or shipping labels on the original manufacturer’s package.
- The RMA number must be clearly written on the outer shipping box.
- All product returns require a photocopy of your Gary Camera sales receipt as well as a photocopy of the handwritten Gary Camera in-store receipt received in your shipped purchased product.
- A returned item must be postmarked 5 days from the original purchase date.
- Ship via insured ground service with a tracking number. Return shipping charges are the responsibility of the customer. We are not responsible for lost or damaged packages.
- Send pre-authorized returns to:
Attn: Returns Dept.
Merrillville, IN 46410
Rules for returns
- All returned or exchanged items must be in new condition, in their original box, and must include all packing material, blank warranty cards, manuals, and all accessories.
- Items with shutter counters must show less than 200 exposures.
- Gary Camera is not responsible for personal data, photos, or items left in returned merchandise.
- Defective items may be repaired or exchanged at our discretion for the same model or manufacturer's equivalent model.
- RMA numbers are valid for 5 days.
- Gary Camera is not responsible for any consequential or incidental damage resulting from the sale or use of any merchandise bought from us. We are responsible for the monetary value of the merchandise only.
- Products that are not eligible for return and will be sent back to you at your cost and expense if received by us:
- Any product not purchased from GaryCameraDigital.com
- Any product without a valid, readable serial number, including but not limited to products with missing, damaged, altered, or otherwise unreadable serial numbers on product tags
- Any product that is returned without all original, unaltered, undamaged packaging and accessories, including the retail box, manuals, cables, and all other items originally included with the product
- Any product from which the UPC code has been removed from its packaging
- Any product that exhibits physical damage
- Any product for which you have submitted a mail-in rebate
- Any identical product purchased from GaryCameraDigital.com but bought from another retailer
- Any consumable item (e.g., film, chemicals, paper, bulbs, etc.) once unwrapped
- Any Special Order merchandise (e.g. photo restoration once approved)
- Any underwater equipment that has been submerged
- Any educational tapes and books once unwrapped
- GaryCameraDigital.com Gift Cards are redeemable for merchandise only and may not be redeemed for cash.
Standard Return Policy
- Return for refund within: 5 days
- Return for replacement within: 5 days
- Restocking Fee: Yes
This is our Standard Return Policy. Items covered by this policy (those products for which Gary Camera states "This item may be returned for a replacement or refund within 5 days only") must be postmarked to be returned to Gary Camera within 5 days of the customer's shipment arrival date for this policy to apply.
- Return for refund within: Non-refundable by Gary Camera
- Return for replacement within: 1 year to manufacturer
All new digital SLRs sold by Gary Camera include 1 Year USA Warranties from the manufacturer (e.g. Canon, Nikon, etc.). The terms of these warranties are not determined by Gary Camera. Products covered by these manufacturer USA warranties are subject to the discretion of the corresponding manufacturer. If you have any questions about an item’s warranty you purchased from Gary Camera, please call us at 219-769-2451 and we will be more than happy to assist you.
Memory Card Standard Return Policy
- Return for refund within: 5 days
- Return for replacement within: 5 days
- Restocking Fee: Yes
This is our Memory Card Standard Return Policy. Items covered by this policy (those products for which Gary Camera states "This item may be postmarked to be returned for a replacement or refund within 5 days only") must be postmarked to be returned to Gary Camera within 5 days of the original purchase date for this policy to apply.
The following conditions are not acceptable for return, and will result in the merchandise being returned to you:
- Any memory card exhibiting physical damage
- Memory cards that are missing the manufacturer label
- Memory card products that are returned without protective casing
- Memory card without all of the original packaging
Consumable Item Refund Only Return Policy
- Return for refund within: 5 days (only if unopened)
- Return for replacement within: Non-Replaceable
- Restocking Fee: Yes
This is our Consumable Item Refund Only Return Policy. Items covered by this policy (those products for which Gary Camera states "This item may be returned for a refund within 5 days only") must be returned to Gary Camera within 5 days of the invoice date for this policy to apply. “Return” constitutes receipt of the product by Gary Camera before 5 days have passed.
Consumable items are items such as Printer Ink and Toner Cartridges, Photo Paper Products, Photo Chemicals etc. that are consumed once they are used. The following conditions are not acceptable for return, and will result in the merchandise you have returned to Gary Camera being returned to you:
- Consumable items that have been opened
- Consumable items lacking the original packaging
Bulk Item Refund Only Return Policy
- Return for refund within: non-refundable unless shipment is refused
- Return for replacement within: non-replaceable
This is our Detailed Bulk Item Return Policy. Bulk Items (including 35mm film and darkroom chemicals) cannot be returned to GaryCameraDigital.com for refund. Therefore, you are urged to carefully examine the box your bulk item ships in before signing for the package. Should you observe any damage to the shipping box, or if the wrong product was sent, you must refuse delivery while the shipping courier is still on the premises. The item will be returned to GaryCameraDigital.com and you will be refunded the full amount, including applicable shipping costs and tax.
If you determine upon inspection that the condition of the shipping box is satisfactory, an adult is required to sign the shipping courier's release form to complete delivery. By signing this release, you are acknowledging and agreeing to GaryCameraDigital.com’s Store Policies, understanding that you cannot return the items to GaryCameraDigital.com and that the condition of the delivery meets your expectations. After delivery, please read all included documentation.
The following conditions are not acceptable for return, and will result in the merchandise being returned to you:
- Any item that is damaged due to neglect, abuse or misuse
- Any item that is not in its original packaging
Physical Damage Policy
- Physical damage to any product purchased at GaryCameraDigital.com will effectively forfeit a customer’s ability to receive any refund or replacement. Example: Memory cards that are chipped, burnt or are bent are considered physically damaged and cannot be returned for refund or replacement.
- Physical damage also includes but is not limited to improper handling and/or any other type of damage sustained by irregular usage. Example: Cameras where memory cards could have been forced into the DSLR card slot the wrong way which would damage the camera and would consequently void any return or exchange.
Miscellaneous Return Cases
Returns Forfeited Following Mail-in Rebate
Any product offering a mail-in rebate is not returnable to Gary Camera once the rebate has been filed. Be sure that the product is functional and that you intend to keep the product before sending in for your rebate.
Policy for Manufacturer Kit Sales
Kit Specials include two or more items that come purchased together as a package either as a manufacturer “Kit” or as a “GC Kit” put together by Gary Camera.
Items sold as part of a Kit may be returned individually for a replacement within the applicable GaryCameraDigital.com Return Policy Period of 5 days for that individual item.
An individual Kit item may not be returned for a refund if it is a part of a manufacturer kit. You will have to return all of the items in the manufacturer kit.
Policy for GC Kit Sales
A GC Kit item may be returned for a refund, but the applicable discount on either item will be voided, and the discounted amount will be deducted from the amount of the refund.
- Example 1: If you purchased a USA Canon Rebel T2i w/ 18-55mm Lens Kit, then you cannot return any of the items individually for a refund.
- Example 2: If you purchased a GC Kit for a Nikon D300s w/ an 18-105mm Lens for $2000.00, then you decide to return either the lens or body. If you return the lens (e.g. individually priced $600.00 when not sold in a kit), then you have essentially changed your original order and only purchased a D300s body alone (e.g. individually fully-priced here for $1499.99) and hence you would receive a refund now with your discount voided and deducted from the amount of your refund. In this example, you would receive a refund of $500.01. Notice the $500.01 is not the full price of the returned lens in the kit, but instead the difference of what you receive now that your order is no longer the discounted kit.
Policy for Out-of-Stock (Back-Order) Items
If Gary Camera no longer carries an item that is sent in for replacement, or if that item is simply out of stock, the item will be put on our Back-Order Return Status. You will be notified via email of two options: 1) Gary Camera can send you a comparable replacement item, or 2) Gary Camera can issue you a refund at the current market value of the product. A current-market-value refund may not exceed the original invoice price. If the item is returned within 15 days of the original invoice date, a full refund will be issued.
Policy for Quantity Purchases
While Gary Camera is more than happy to fill your order for 5 or more of any given item in our inventory on a single purchase order, please understand that an order of that size, once purchased is completed, is automatically non-refundable. All other specific conditions related to the ordered item still apply, including any and all stipulations relative to any available replacement return policies. Please contact our store at 219-769-2451 with any questions you may have.
Product Warranties and Repairs
All items sold by Gary Camera are warranted solely by the manufacturer/distributor. All items needing repair should be sent to the manufacturer/distributor directly for service. Gary Camera is not liable if the manufacturer/distributor fails to perform warranty service.
Used equipment have a 90-day warranty.
Gary Camera will not be responsible for any consequential or incidental damage resulting from the sale or use of any merchandise purchased from us. Gary Camera’s liability is limited to the monetary value of the merchandise.
Given that human error is a part of everyday, Gary Camera will not honor an error in pricing advertised in newspapers, online, or on our website GaryCameraDigital.com. We apologize in advance if such an event should ever occur. We do our best to give you the most accurate, most updated information and pricing at all times.
At Gary Camera, we want to sell you our merchandise at the most affordable prices. However, GaryCameraDigital.com does not price match competitors. For your convenience, all of our most current pricing is listed on our Web site and updated in real-time. We are always here to help you find the product prices you are searching for, but ultimately those prices are non-negotiable unless you intend to purchase a bulk order.
Bulk Order Pricing
If you would like to make a large purchase order (bulk order) with Gary Camera, please call us at 219-769-2451 and we will process your order and inform you of any alternative pricing for requested items we may have available.
Local Sales Tax
If the order is shipped within the state of Indiana, the law requires that local sales tax be added to the order total, not including the shipping charge.
We do not collect tax for orders shipped out of the state of Indiana. Purchases in our store are subject to a 7% local sales tax.
Government, education, non-profit organizations, public charities, churches and other religious organizations usually qualify for tax-exempt purchases. At this time, we ask that you call us at 219-769-2451 and we will process your order over the phone without any telephone processing fees. Eventually, approved customers will be able to make tax-exempt purchases on behalf of their organizations online at http://garycameradigital.com. We apologize for the inconvenience at this time.
To apply for a Tax-Exempt account, please call us at 219-769-2451.
Gary Camera or our website GaryCameraDigital.com accept payments at this time with any of the following options:
- Discover Network
- GaryCameraDigital.com Gift Card
- Please accept our apologies but GaryCameraDigital.com does not accept international credit cards at this time.
Some orders are subject to Gary Camera’s Fraud Prevention and Identity Verification procedures. This means that for your protection from credit card fraud and/or identity theft, we may ask you to verify that you are the card owner or that order and that ship-to information are legitimate. This process rarely delays an order, and generally requires either a simple call-back (which can be done after business hours) or by fax.
If your order requires Verification, we will advise you by phone or e-mail. This is why it is important that you leave both day and home phone numbers when ordering and that you keep your information current.
It is also important that you understand what we mean by bill-to information on the checkout process. The bill-to address is the address to which your bank mails your monthly credit card statement. The bill-to address you give us must agree with the address that the card issuing bank has on file. Please be sure you provide the correct information, even if the items are to be shipped to a different location.
We regret that this is necessary, but it is designed to protect the card owner as well as the retailer.
Shipping and Delivery Policies
Shipping Methods Available
- Guaranteed delivery time.
- A signature is required upon delivery. Packages cannot be rerouted or picked up from UPS. Please make sure that someone will be at the shipping destination to receive the package and sign for it.
- If you have a UPS account you can enter your account number on our Shipping Method page during Checkout and you will not be charged any shipping fees by Gary Camera. Account numbers will be verified with UPS. (Only available in the U.S.)
US Postal Service
- Shipments sent via US Postal Service either USPS Priority or USPS Express, which can be more costly than UPS shipping costs
At this time, we apologize we do not offer the following shipping methods but hope to offer them soon:
- FedEx 3Day Express Saver
- FedEx 2Day
- FedEx Standard Overnight
For U.S. customers, we ship to:
- Any residential address
- Your place of business
- APO addresses (only upon request)
- US territories and possessions
We do not ship to hotels, motels, resorts, FedEx or UPS locations.
For international customers, we ship to:
- Your home address
- Any US address
- We do not ship to your place of business, hotels, motels, or resorts.
- We do not ship to Iran, Sudan, Cuba, Syria, Brazil, or North Korea.
- We reserve the right to block certain products from being shipped outside of the US, based on manufacturer restrictions.
- P.O. Boxes can only be delivered to via the US Postal Service.
Shipping Delivery Times in the Continental USA
- UPS Ground — 5 to 7 business days + 24-48 hours to process the order.
- UPS 3Day — 3 business days + 24-48 hours to process the order.
- UPS 2Day — 2 business days + 24-48 hours to process the order.
- UPS Red Next Day Residential - Delivery within 1 business day + 24-48 hours to process the order.
- USPS Express — Delivery within 1 business day + 24-48 hours to process
- USPS Priority — 2-3 business days + 24-48 hours to process the order
- USPS — For APO/FPO orders, please contact us at 219-769-2451. We will do our best to accommodate those serving in the military with these orders at this time. Delivery will take approximately 2 to 6 weeks + 24-48 hours to process the order.
Order Processing Times
- Order cutoff times for 1-Day and 2-Day Shipping Options are:
Monday - Friday: 1:00 pm CST
- All orders require 24-48 hours processing time before shipping.
- GaryCameraDigital.com does not process orders during weekends.
- No deliveries will be made on Saturday or Sunday.
- GaryCameraDigital.com does not guarantee same day shipping.
- All orders shipped within Indiana will be charged state sales tax. Please note that the sales tax for Indiana orders is calculated based upon the total price of the order, not including handling and shipping.
- Exact delivery times to Hawaii, Alaska and Puerto Rico cannot be guaranteed.
- If you live locally, you may opt to pick up any order at our Merrillville store location.
Miscellaneous Shipping Information
- Orders may be delivered in separate shipments.
- Some items on our website are not regularly stocked at Gary Camera. Availability on these items will show as Special Order. If you would like a Special Order item, please call us at 219-769-2451 and we will be happy to get your item specially ordered and headed your way.
- The tracking number you receive from us in an Order Status email during the daytime may not be updated on the UPS website until that evening.
- Business days are defined as Monday through Friday, except holidays.
Please note: All orders are subject to approval by our verification team. We will notify you by phone or email should your order be delayed.
Gary Camera Guaranteed Functional Product
Gary Camera ships items in the condition they were received from the original manufacturer/distributor. Gary Camera individually checks product before shipping any merchandise. We guarantee that each camera purchased and shipped is a fully functional camera, which is why we have instituted such strict return policies unless of course the camera is DOA (Dead On Arrival).
Why We Only Sell USA Warranty Products
Gary Camera only sells USA Warranty products, and we do not sell imported products that are referred to as "grey market" products for the following reasons:
- "Grey market" products will not be serviced by any manufacturer (e.g. Canon, Nikon, Olympus, etc). If your camera breaks, they will refuse any servicing your camera may require.
- "Grey market" products are not covered by any manufacturer warranties. A typical USA warranty DSLR has a 1 Year Warranty included with its purchase. With a "grey market" camera, you have no coverage by the manufacturer if you should have any technical issues.
- "Grey market" cameras do not qualify for any manufacturer rebate programs.
If you find a camera priced significantly lower than competitors, chances are you should read the fine print because the camera may be a “grey market” camera. “Grey market” cameras are commonly sold by online retailers for prices below the cost or MAP of its USA warranty counterpart. These products cost less money for a reason. It is considered a high-risk situation at Gary Camera to buy a camera or lens not covered by the manufacturer servicing or warranty. In other words, if your “grey market” camera breaks, you have nowhere to get it serviced unless you can find independent camera repair services, who will charge significantly more money to service your “grey market” camera.
Gary Camera only sells USA market cameras because if you have any issue or problem with a camera, you can send it directly to the service facility of the manufacturer (e.g. Nikon, Canon, Olympus, etc.) for servicing. If you buy a “grey market” camera, no manufacturer will ever service this camera.
Bottom line is that “grey market” cameras do usually cost less than USA market cameras, but there is high risk to buying a “grey market” item, which is why we at Gary Camera never have and never will sell you anything but USA warranty cameras.
Privacy and Security
The security of your personal information is very important to us. In an effort to protect your personal information, we use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology with 256 bit encryption. If your browser supports SSL (most current browsers do), it will automatically encrypt the information you provide to us on the secure pages on our site, before sending it over the Internet.
Gary Camera has obtained a digital certificate from GeoTrust, a leading provider of Internet trust services.
To authenticate the security of your connection before submitting any of your personal information, you can double click on the icon to display our digital certificate.
Some browser versions and some firewalls do not permit communication through secure servers. In that case, we suggest that you visit the Gary Camera, or contact us by phone
In order to identify who you are, we suggest that you register and log-in when you visit our site. This allows us to provide you with your "Order Status" and other information that is uniquely yours.
How to access and/or correct your information
You can access all the personally identifiable information that we collect online and maintain by phoning 219-769-2451, mail (6750 Broadway, Merrillville, IN 46410), or via email @ email@example.com. We use this procedure to safeguard your information. To protect your privacy and security, we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections. You can correct factual errors in your personally identifiable information by sending us a request that credibly shows the error.
If you place an order with a ship-to address that differs from your bill-to address, we retain this information as well. You can modify or correct this information by following the procedure described above. Such information is used at your request to ship purchased merchandise only. We do not share your information with any third parties.
What Information is Collected
When you choose to place an order with us, you are invited to log in (optional), so that we can identify who you are. As a newcomer, it will be suggested that you register for future identification. The registration page asks you to enter your name, your email (which is your username), and a password. You can update this information at any time by clicking on the "my account" link at the top of every page and selecting "update account information."
Placing An Order
When you decide to place an order, you are asked to complete an order form. The order form requires your name, billing and shipping address, credit card number, expiration date and CID#. You should also include other information fields such as your telephone number, to allow us to contact you regarding your order if necessary. This information is collected to make your shopping experience with us as smooth and pleasant as possible. It is used only for the benefit of Gary Camera and you, our customer.
We do not share your information with third parties.
Gary Camera appreciates your business and as a result, we strongly believe in respecting your privacy. We will never share any of your provided information with a third party unless it is required by law.
Gary Camera may share account or other information when we are required by law or to protect our interests or property. This may include sharing information with other companies, lawyers, credit bureaus, agents or government agencies in connection with issues related to fraud, credit or debt collection.
You agree that Gary Camera may use personal information provided by you in order to conduct appropriate anti-fraud checks. Personal information that you provide may be disclosed to a credit reference or fraud prevention agency, which may keep a record of that information.
Gary Camera may share information with outside companies that perform services for Gary Camera only if your order or service request requires us to release such information about the nature of your order or service request in order to complete it for you.
Gary Camera will never SPAM or send unsolicited materials based on information collected at our site. Registrants may opt out of receiving materials from us at any time by contacting us with such request. Please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org, by telephone 219-769-2451 or via mail (6750 Broadway, Merrillville, IN 46410).
Our Commitment to Children's Privacy
We never collect or maintain information at our website from those we actually know are under 13, nor is any part of our website structured to attract anyone under 13.
If Security or privacy is still of concern to you
Our transaction security, combined with our privacy guarantee, should satisfy your concerns regarding online ordering. Keep in mind however that you have a number of alternate choices available for doing business with Gary Camera.
- You can order products from us online without sending your credit card number over the Internet. Just call us at 219-769-2451 and we will take your information over the phone.
- We encourage you to visit our store location in Merrillville, IN and deal directly with one of the Gary Camera professionally trained staff members.